The Adams 14 Education Foundation awards scholarships to graduating seniors from Adams County School District 14 for the institution of their choice including vocational schools, community colleges, 4-year colleges and universities. The Foundation offers scholarships ranging from one-year to four-year with some of the one-year scholarships having the potential to be renewed on a case-to-case basis. All of said scholarships are offered through this application. For those students that would like to seek a career in science or mathematics, please review the scholarship opportunities explained below.
The Suncor Energy Scholarship (a four year scholarship of $10,000). The scholarships are meant for a student seeking a career in science or mathematics. If you would like to apply for this scholarship specifically, there will be a designated area in the application to state your interest.
The amount varies annually. They have ranged from $10,000 to $15,0000.
2019, the Foundation will again partner with the Community College of Aurora to offer two $10,000 scholarships to attend CCA. Students must participate in programs offered by CCA to help with student success.
This partnership with Adams County, COSi and the Adams 14 Education Foundation has offered 5-10 scholarships ranging from $10,000-$13,000. Applicants must be PELL Eligible to receive the scholarship.
This scholarship has ranged from $10,000-$13,000.
Two $12,000 scholarship will be awarded annually.
All applications must be turned in to your counselor by March 4th 2019 (an extension of the deadline can be given based on circumstances). Scholarship recipients will be notified by April 8th. All scholarship recipients will be invited to the Education Foundation’s annual dinner “The 14er Fest” on April 25th to have their achievements recognized. Please direct all questions to your college counselor. Counselors: please send the individual application, recommendation letter(s), and school documents electronically in one email to Dale Mingilton; firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Scholarships. Selected students must:
- Attend Adams City High School or Lester Arnold High School
- Show evidence of service to community or family and/or school involvement such as student government or athletics
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to academic excellence
- Maintain a GBPA of 2.75 – Adams 14 Scholarships or 2.5 Commerce City Rotary/Adams 14 Education Foundation Scholarship
- Complete the application, including the attachments listed below
- Participate in a personal interview
- Typed essays
- At least one letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or community member (letter should address reasons student shows promise including academic achievement and service and how a scholarship would encourage him/her to pursue their educational goals)See Commerce City Rotary application for additional requirements.
- School transcript
- Parental or Guardian Proof of Income