The Adams 14 Education Foundation awards scholarships to graduating seniors from Adams County School District 14 for the institution of their choice including vocational schools, community colleges, 4-year colleges and universities. The Foundation offers scholarships ranging from one-year to four-year with some of the one-year scholarships having the potential to be renewed on a case-to-case basis. All of said scholarships are offered through this application. For those students that would like to seek a career in science or mathematics, please review the scholarship opportunities explained below.
The Suncor Energy Scholarship (a four year scholarship of $10,000). The scholarships are meant for a student seeking a career in science or mathematics. If you would like to apply for this scholarship specifically, there will be a designated area in the application to state your interest.
All applications must be turned in to your counselor by March 14th (an extension of the deadline can be given based on circumstances). Scholarship recipients will be notified by April 8th. All scholarship recipients will be invited to the Education Foundation’s annual dinner “The 14er Fest” on April 27th to have their achievements recognized. Please direct all questions to your college counselor. Counselors: please send the individual application, recommendation letter(s), and school documents electronically in one email to Dale Mingilton; email@example.com.
General Scholarships. Selected students must:
- Attend Adams City High School or Lester Arnold High School
- Show evidence of service to community or family and/or school involvement such as student government or athletics
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to academic excellence
- Maintain a GPA of 2.5 (With some exceptions; i.e. your scholarship will still be reviewed regardless of GPA)
- Complete the application, including the attachments listed below
- Participate in a personal interview
- Typed essays
- At least one letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or community member (letter should address reasons student shows promise including academic achievement and service and how a scholarship would encourage him/her to pursue their educational goals)
- School transcript
- Parental or Guardian Proof of Income